Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to style Josefina's Hair

  1. #1
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Question

    I was wondering if anyone here knows how to style Josefina's hair to look like her birthday story. I am trying to weave the ribbons...and not having much success...if anyone can help I would really appreciate it!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You and me both!!!!! I have no clue! At AGP, they have her hair in braids and connected in the back together and the ribbons are surrounding the braids.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Somebody said that they just did two braids, went down as far as they could and then wrapped the braids around and bobby-pinned them. Then they wove the ribbons through her hair with a plastic needle I believe. That's what I'm going to try come April. I have any success at it, I'll be sure to let everyone know how I did it!

  4. #4
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I have been trying to do that too! I think she looks so beautiful with her hair like that!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    try braiding the ribbon with her hair. Tie it around the middle loop of her braid and braid the ribbon in with her hair. I don't have Josefina so I have never tried it but I have really long hair myself and a Klutz press book on braids and that's how they do it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member southern_belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is my favorite hairstyle for Josie(with or without the ribbon, though I'll give you the ribbon version here). First take her hair and divide evenly into two sections as if you were going to make pigtails. Then take one section of hair and tie it around the base of the pigtail leaving the ribbon to hang down as long as possible (ie: if you took the hair out there would be a loop at the far end of the ribbon, with the rest hanging free). Now braid, using 2 sections of hair and instead of a third section use the ribbon. Braid down as far as possible and tie off with a doll-safe elastic. Repeat for the other side.

    At this point Josie should have 2 braids with the ribbon intertwined. Now take the braids and twist them together. Roll the twisted braids up from the bottom up towards her head (as if making a bun). I secure the chignon with tiny bobby pins I got off of ebay for dolls but I think other fasteners would work as well. Secure the bun and you're finished. It will look beautiful.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll have to try that soon!

  8. #8
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    Post

    Trying that tonight!!! Thanks SO much!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was little, I used to have really, really long hair. My mom would sometimes braid the ribbons into my hair by just seperating the hair into 2 sections and using the ribbon as the third. Then she would start by putting the hair to be braided into a rubberband first and putting the ribbon inside the rubberband to hold it in place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •